- 25,000 TETRA radios will be used by 1,500 non-police public safety organisations
- Contract includes TETRA digital radios, accessories, training and logistics services
Motorola Solutions has been selected as the provider of 25,000 digital Terrestrial Trunked Radios (TETRA), accessories, training and logistics services by the Central Procurement Office of Schleswig-Holstein AöR (GMSH).
“Many specialists participated in this process, including several members of fire services and voluntary fire brigades, as well as emergency services and civil control, who worked on this important project during their leisure time”
The Motorola Solutions devices, accessories and services will be used by 1,500 non-police public safety organisations, including all emergency services, public and private fire departments, and civil protection agencies in the German federal state of Schleswig-Holstein.
“Many specialists participated in this process, including several members of fire services and voluntary fire brigades, as well as emergency services and civil control, who worked on this important project during their leisure time,” said Lars Ohse, divisional head of GMSH. “The results of comprehensive evaluations, as well as economic reasons and the ease–of-use of Motorola Solutions’ radios, led to this important decision.”
The contract includes the delivery of MTP850 FuG TETRA portable radios, MTP850Ex ATEX TETRA portable radios and MTM800 FUG TETRA vehicle mobile radios and accessories. Within the scope of the four-year contract framework, Motorola Solutions is responsible for on-site training and guidance, engineering support, software updates and a help desk function.
“Winning the latest competitive tender for supplying Schleswig-Holstein with TETRA radios and support underlines the confidence, trust and reputation for technological leadership we have earned by successfully providing mission-critical solutions to public safety agencies in Germany and worldwide,” said Christoph Thomas, vice president, Western Europe & North Africa Region, Motorola Solutions. “This project will equip fire departments, emergency services and civil protection agencies in Schleswig-Holstein with the best tools available to respond to mission-critical situations quickly, reliably and effectively.”
- Motorola Solutions’ MTP850 FuG TETRA portable radios for mission-critical communications deliver fully integrated voice and data services providing up-to-date intelligence for informed decision-making for users such as fire fighters and rescue forces.
- Motorola Solutions’ MTP850 FuG TETRA portables support the highest level of end-to-end encryption in accordance with the requirements of the German Federal Office for Information Security (BSI) for highly secure communication. They also support GPS with a “man down” sensor, ensuring that life-threatening situations are automatically identified, located and resources quickly deployed.
- The MTP850Ex ATEX TETRA portable terminal from Motorola Solutions provides high- quality communication with comprehensive user safety and class-leading ATEX specifications for use in potentially explosive environments.
- Motorola Solutions’ MTM800 FuG TETRA vehicle mobile radio offers five different variations to suit specific operational requirements.
- The police in Schleswig-Holstein have been using TETRA digital radios from Motorola Solutions since 2010.
- Motorola Solutions also supplies TETRA digital radios, equipment and management to German security forces in the federal states of Berlin, Brandenburg, Hesse, Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania, Lower Saxony, Saxony-Anhalt, Thuringia and federal security organisations.
Website: Motorola Solutions
LinkedIn: Motorola Solutions
About Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions (NYSE: MSI) creates innovative, mission-critical communication solutions and services that help public safety and commercial customers build safer cities and thriving communities. For ongoing news, visit www.motorolasolutions.com/newsroom or subscribe to a news feed.
MOTOROLA, MOTO, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2015 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.